2 June 2022

Dear Mr. Wayne

When John Wayne received a letter from ten-year-old Ross Brook who wrote how much he had liked Wayne's performance in the 1968 box-office hit Bullitt, the actor was undoubtedly amused by the boy's mistake. Of course, it wasn't Wayne who had starred in the film but Steve McQueen, Bullitt being one of McQueen's best-known films. Asked by Ross for an autographed picture, Wayne forwarded Ross' note to McQueen, accompanying it with a note of his own. 


Transcript:

Dear Mr. Wanye [sic] 
I love the movie Bulit [sic] and I thought your acting was great. I would like to know if I could have a autographed picture of you. I would like to see you some day.

Sincerely 
Ross Brook
age 10
55 Oak St
Los Altos Ca.
94022

_____



9570 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 400
Beverly Hills, California 90212
September 23, 1977

Mr. Steve McQueen
8899 Beverly Blvd., Suite 501
Los Angeles, California 90048

Dear Steve:
Would you please send him a picture of me from "Bullitt." 
I will be forever grateful.

Sincerely
(signed) Duke


Steve McQueen and John Wayne at an event in Los Angeles in 1969

No comments:

Post a Comment